Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Another update

Pulled out of Berlin yesterday. Kirsten has an op on Wed so it was a no go. Good news on Kirst though so very relieved.

To be honest, the last 3 weeks have been an emotional rollercoaster, but had a great party on Saturday with a good showing from the Squad and backed it up with a win today in the AVCAL 5km in 16:34. Check out the AFR (Street Talk section) for a write up tomorrow. I ran solo the whole way so it was a time trial and 30s slower than last year with no Jamie Palmer to push me on. But 40s quicker than my solo win in the Park Run iver the same course in April. Clive was 2nd with Jamie from McGrathNicol 3rd. Some celebratory beers were had after.

Tempered though by my left achilles now being generally sore - all the way up rather than localised. This was despite trying to warm it up beforehand by running 9km easy.

I inaugurated my Tour Singlet even though it will not be officially put to use:


1 comment:

Charlie said...

Found the write-up in Rear Window Tom. Good work!