Thursday, August 15, 2013

HuRTS 2km reps

This session has changed to 3 reps instead of 4 to make them quicker and differentiate them from a Tuesday session. I planned to give this session a go today and try to go lactic. Jogged down with Timmy and joined a fair crowd.

Reps went:

6:21
6:10
6:15

Fair headwind on reps 1 and 3 hence the quicker 2nd rep. Also aided by the fact Kenny was on my shoulder until half way, came past strongly before I kicked hard for home. Last rep was tough with Andy going hard pushing me all the way.

Pleased with that and like the session. It's hard from the get go and teaches you to hold good form for an extended period.

Long warm down after when MC got all Richie High on us telling Big Sam how much he reminded him of pin up boy, and Mikey's hero, Nick Symmonds. The rest of us just went quiet and looked at our feet as Mikey gazed at Sam all doey-eyed.

But the good news is that Sam has finally agreed to the Premiership bet, shaking on it with Timmy today. Got to get my picks in tomorrow...


Sam:



Nick Symmonds:



Mikey:

1 comment:

Charlie said...

Mike has always been prone to serious man love episodes. I wonder what his wife thinks of it.