Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Bear with a sore tooth

Took yesterday off work after I got a tooth infection on Sunday night. Now on a course of heavy duty antibiotics for a week. Hoping they won't affect C2S (the infection is just about gone already and the Interweb seems to suggest antibiotics themselves have no impact on athletic performance).

Particularly keen to run well on Sunday now that I put a bet on (usual $20) with one of the grads in the office that I would beat her brother. Thing is, he's quite handy. He's called Oliver Lord and as you'll see from the State 5000m and 10,000m results this year (below) he smashed me. But I figure I'm fitter now and the C2S is a whole different kettle of fish that suits gnarly old blokes training for a marathon rather than young whippets.

Today was an easy plod around the 3min reps. I did 9 running at the back.



3 comments:

Easy Tiger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Easy Tiger said...

She makes much better bets than me.

BTW If you need a follow up, Emma at Centennial Smiles Clovelly is the world's most skilled dentist, never any residual pain. Most importantly she can be trusted, unlike the bastards that have screwed me over and destroyed my teeth.

Unknown said...

Bad teeth and a love of Ben & Jerry's seems to be the common theme.
My dentist is OK, we just talk running. His son won the Australian All Schools 800m title last year (U16).