Tuesday, November 02, 2010

HuRTS Gate to Gates

Melbourne Cup today so headed out early for 6 Gate to Gates (909m) with Tucks, JF, Todd, RMR and Mike Wingram. 2 mins rest based off Todd. Felt great this morning despite a bad night with Claudia so planned to take them out hard and see how I felt. Did the first rep, got scared by the time and felt as though I was already going lactic. Did each other one feeling the same way telling myself "if it's any slower, I'll just stop there". But having Tucks alongside meant they didn't get slower. Reps went:

2:41; 2:40; 2:40; 2:40; 2:41; 2:40

2:40 is 2:56 pace. I think that's the fastest pace I've ever done them, but having said that we normally do 8. Really pleased with the session and a good confidence booster.

Anaerobic/VO2 max training really is the hardest training you can do. I dread 10 x 400m more than 32km.

2 comments:

James said...

I completely agree and feel exactly the same way. The thought of running 10(or even 20)x400m or 8x800m is far worse than a tempo run over 10k or a long run of 32k.
The same goes for races nowadays: I'm far more apprehensive before the start of a 10k than I am before a marathon.
It's due to age Tom. It's all downhill from now on and then we have to start running ultras!

2019 Summary said...

Awesome session Tom, a real confidence boost going into JP Morgan and ANSW 3k next week.

I do suggest you take one day to sleep though.

Louis