Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Worse than Pain

Intervals - 5 x 900m gate to gate around Farm Cove with strict 2 min recovery.

2:52; 2:46; 2:50; 2:47; 2:50.

Missed Pain in the Domain due to a last minute conference call. So punished myself by having to do intervals alone. The doubt demons were out in force, particularly after the first rep where it took me a good 20 seconds staring at my analogue watch to realise I was over 2:50 and not under. They then resurfaced after the second rep telling me I couldn't possibly maintain that pace and I was going to crumble. But there's something character building in intervals alone. In truth, the session was all about the wind - a real truggle into it on reps 1, 3 and 5 and a pleasure on the others. Pleased with the effort put in on the last as I was determined not to drop off in the last two reps as last time.

10km all up.

No comments: