Saturday, October 28, 2006

Strange intervals

Saturday

Plans to run the CR 5km challenge went up in smoke after Billy woke me up in the middle of the night. Slept in instead. Headed out around 5pm for intervals along Manly beach from Manly Surf Club to Queenscliff Surf Club - 3 x 1 mile with strict 2 minute recovery. Times went:

5:00; 5:34; 4:56

Almost gave up into the second rep as it was a farce. I had barely noticed the tailwind on the first rep, but on the second I felt as though I was jogging and bent double. Knew that I'd be disappointed with myself if I gave up so struggled on expecting something around 6 minutes. Was quite pleased with 5:34 but in truth the second half was more sheltered. Just blasted the third.

10km all up.

Friday

3km very easy either side of an Easy Tiger massage.

No comments: