Thursday, October 26, 2006

Super Session

Every now and then things just go right in a session. This was one of those days. Rocked up not knowing who was going to turn up but we ended up with a decent crowd being myself, Tim, Ray and two of Ray's mates.

Intervals session was 5 x 1.2km along Hickson Road with strict 2 minute recovery. The intervals went:

3:44; 3:33; 3:43; 3:36; 3:39

On average, that's about 3-4 seconds per rep faster than I've done before. Ray held back on the first and then got very competitive with Tim and I on the second leading to the ridiculous time. Tim was competitive throughout, holding back for the first three-quarters of each rep and then always coming onto my shoulder on the last quarter. Was especially pleased with the final rep where I even managed a pathetic Highnam sprint over the last 50 metres.

10km all up for the best session I've run this year.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Katie,
This is my tedious running diary!