Thursday, November 24, 2016

HuRTs 1km reps

Had an unexpected lull in work today so jumped at the opportunity for a run in perfect weather conditions.  And the surface at Rushcutters was perfect too.

A good crowd including Enda, Brendan, Hipster Mitch, Branagan #2, LJ, Elle, Erika, Renee, Darien, Jerome and quite a few faces I don't quite recognise (but do my best to introduce myself to).  I'm just crap with names.  Always too concerned about telling people my name.

Schedule was 8 x 1km reps but I called for 6 followed by 4 x 200m.  Took the first 4 easy running with Enda then pushed ahead with Darien on the last 2 running barefoot.  Then got schooled in the 200m reps with the younger blokes puffing their chests out and flying ahead.

Great session on a beautiful day in a lovely spot.  Only downside was the realisation that I would be back here in just over 24 hours facing the prospect of downing 4 beers and running a mile in the space of less than 8 minutes.

News on the home front - my eldest is now in gainful employment having secured a job at Maccas at Manly Wharf.  1 down, 4 to go.  Then I retire.

No comments: