Wednesday, April 06, 2016

Double Tuesday

AM:  up early but not early enough as by the time I arrived at Graham's Reserve (for the 6 x 1km off a rolling 5mins) Darren, Erika, Lewis, Quentin, Jamie, Justin, Ben, Emma, Burkey and Charlie (amazing crowd!) had started their first rep.  3km warm up then joined them on their second.

Was very glad Quentin was there to keep Lewis company as I wasn't feeling up to the task.  Sure enough, each rep Q and L would dart off leaving me 5m behind.  I would sense their pace drop at the 400m mark and go past them, only for Lewis to respond and come past me with 200m to go.  Kept me honest though.  Garmin always reads funny when running in circles and sure enough the clockwise reps averaged 2:54 while the anti-clockwise reps averaged 3:05.  3:05 felt about right.

Beautiful morning and great to see everyone out.  5km warm down for 15km all up.

PM:  7km very easy with Erika around the city.

Last double day pre-London but I'm fairly accustomed them now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Clockwise always very flattering if wearing watch on left wrist
Tiger