Tuesday, February 03, 2015

HuRTS 8 x 5mins

Everyone there today with a quality showing upfront.  Barts, Quentin, Jono, CT, Fast Charlie, Tucks, Fats (giving it a nudge), Andy (hell, even he gave it a bit of a nudge), new man "Dark Horse Tom", Macca  plus blokes I'd never seen before.

But.

Big news of the day was showings from our three star ladies - the 3 "E's" - LJ, Erika and Elle!  Where was Renee?  Running scared as the superstars returned.  Well, I say returned, I think they hobbled through a couple of reps, had a chat then said their goodbyes.

I eased off today, with the plan for the first few months of this year being 3 weeks on and 1 week off.  Intended to run with Macca but he just got stronger and stronger finishing the last 2 reps with Quentin and Barts.  Post-session I immediately got on the blower to Timmy and suggested a NOTB Irishman versus SOTB Irishman challenge for $20 on Saturday morning and he took it!  Just hoping Macca hasn't peaked 4 days too early and that Enda crumbles in perplexion at Timmy's new-found faith in him.

Felt comfortable all session which was good - far better than last Thursday.  I think the day off on Sunday has worked.  Not sure what I was averaging without a watch but we were getting to the second tree on the flat section opposite Garden Island.  I'll give the sprints on Thursday a go but otherwise take the rest of the week very easy.

Ah - on top of the No.1 Irishman bet Timmy has final agreed on a 3:20 handicap for Saturday morning.  Rorted once again.  I'm not used to negotiations where someone throws their toys out of the pram and refuses to pick up the phone until they get their own way.

No comments: