Sunday, February 22, 2015

Fast Finish Sunday

I Did a slightly longer warm up of 3.5km this morning and only just caught the boys who I could see leaving the Boy Charlton Pool as I approached it.  At this stage we were in the middle of a huge downpour and, embarrassed to say it, but I think I heard Barts whooping as they set off in the rain.

It was Barts, Macca, Lewis, Andy and Justin this morning.  Pace was nice and easy (averaged 4:38's before the fast finish started) but I didn't really feel comfortable and was dreading having to pick up the pace.  It was only Lewis who fancied the FF, with the others saving themselves for next week's State 10,000m.  Had a gel at 21km then started picking up the pace at 22km (emerging from Narrabeen lake).  The final 10km went:

4:01, 3:53, 3:43, 3:40, 3:44, 3:32, 3:29, 3:29, 3:28, 3:27

So 32km all up in 2:17 odd (4:17's) with a final 10km in 36:26 which is about what I was looking for.  Lewis very strong again, couldn't hold on to him in the final km when he bounced away running a 3:17.

Beautiful dip in the ocean after (water temp about 4C cooler than last week) and the usual order at Emporio.  Nice.

Good to see Ogi finish as first Japanese lady in the Tokyo Marathon.  She's the girl I ran with all the way at GCM in 2012:



No comments: