Tuesday, February 10, 2015

HuRTS - 5 x 1km

With State 5000m on Saturday Barts and I decided a 45min tempo wasn't the right session today so switched to something shorter and sharper.  Just a small group of me, Barts, Quentin, the battling Irishmen (Enda and Macca), Renee and a couple of others.  Ran the reps around Farm Cove in the heat of the day - about 28C and sunny.

First one starts and I feel like I'm holding on from half way in.  Then second one Barts pulls slightly ahead, Q comes past me and I manage a late rally to catch Q.  Feels quicker and it is - significantly.  It's amazing how much quicker you get on these reps when your legs get used to the pace.  Third rep and I'm pushing the pace towards the end but trying so hard my legs start stuttering a bit and hitting the ground early!  Fourth rep I'm telling myself just to hold on.  Same again on last - if I can get half way I'll be happy, but again rally late.  Times went:

3:08, 3:01, 3:00, 3:00, 3:00

Pleased with the consistency after the first.  It was a very tough session, both mentally and physically.  Finished with some 200m strides then a jog back to the office.

11km all up.

1 comment:

David said...

Tom what recovery did you have for the K's?