Monday, December 08, 2014

HuRTS Beer Mile

I The The heavens opened.  Lightning struck all around.  But nothing was going to stop the inaugural Beer Mile.  After an eternity in the bottle shop at Potts Point trying to decide on a beer (Budweiser won - correct size and vol and not a beer I would ever want to drink again), we arrived to find a decent crowd.  Jono, Fast Charlie, LF Charlie, Quentin, CT, Macca, Muz, Renaud, Adrian, Alex Abell, Sonya, Zoe Williams, Jackie O and Greg.

I had one aim.  Not to get chicked.  I can't drink quickly for the life of me.  So settled on a tactic of many swills, many burps, then run as hard as I could once the burps were done.  The gun goes, everyone knocks their beers back and it's me, Sonya and Muz still trying to finish ours.  Check out the video.  Last beer took an eternity but in the end I quite enjoyed the whole experience.  Wasn't as painful as I thought it would be, and the delayed impact of the alcohol means you're quite euphoric afterwards.  So we had some more beers at the Cross.

This will become a regular event.  For the record, Jono beat Charlie in a great sprint finish, Jackie O can down her beers better than anyone and I avoided getting chicked.


Some photos - the finish:


No one wants to be chicked:



No comments: