Tuesday, June 03, 2014

HuRTS 45mins Tempo

Big crowd today with all of HuRTS regular favourites on show, i.e. everyone but Enda and Timmy.  We had a big group of 6 of us up front with Crossy, Quentin, Fats, Barts, Muz and me all running together.  I was feeling pretty jaded after yesterday's long run so tucked in behind Fats on the way out with Quentin also doing his share.  Around the OPT I felt the pace drop a bit and was starting to feel a bit more comfortable so did a bit on the front too.  We hit 22.5mins just after the mid entrance to Barangaroo (where the road changes colour), so pretty good.

Made some effort on the way back but was still feeling good.  Then Muz comes past at the Toaster and more effort is needed with the group falling apart.  Muz dragged me around to MMC while I'm thinking how the hell am I going to keep this pace up the hills when suddenly he shouts out; "That's it for me mate, see you Thursday!".  My emotions ran from relief to downright anger - the bastard left me knackered having to climb to the finish!  Finished off ok to run 44:19 all up for 12.7km (3:28's).  Long warmdown with Q, Barts and Andy H for 17km all up.

No comments: