Saturday, January 18, 2014

Curl Curl Parkrun - 1st in 16:27

Jogged over with Macca with another good crowd with Andy, Justin and Big Mikey H back again with Jonny B, the Tiger and Amy also showing.  Some random dude from Belgium also turned up.

Binfield went off quickest with the Belgian chap following him.  I was a few yards behind at 1km and 2km.  On the jog to the start I told Macca he needed to get under 18mins and the way to do it is to attack the 3rd km.  So I tried to do the same.  Caught them at 3km but the effort in doing so meant I dropped off a bit to the 4th km.  Then at 4km the pace dropped a bit so I thought it was a chance to push on.  Luckily neither JB not Eddie Merckx followed so I wasn't subjected to a sprint finish I'd no doubt lose.

So the yo-yo'ing continues but very happy with today's time and to have a good competitive run.  Hats off to JB who did all the work.  Runs of the day go to Macca who smashed through 18mins with a 17:44 and Amy who crushed her PB with a 17:30, paced by the Tiger.

Awesome video of a monkey bar kids fight.

2 comments:

David said...

Good work Tom, all that cycling does pay off.

Easy Tiger said...

'paced' the final 400m, i was trying to beat her. Good run today!