Saturday, January 04, 2014

Curl Curl Parkrun - 1st in 16:38

The Curl Curl Parkrun gets more and more popular with the HuRT Squad (and in general).  Turned up with Macca to find Binfeld, Andy, Pete Walker and the Tiger all there along with the usual crowd and the Tiger's gun females.

Fully expected to be turned over by at least JB, Andy and the Tiger based on the last 2 weeks' performance.  So headed out slightly easier with the intention of hanging on to Andy for as long as possible.  JB went off quick but we started to catch him around the 1km mark.  Hit the front along Griffin Rd thinking at least I can say I was in the lead for a bit.  Was feeling much better than the last 2 weeks so tried harder for the 3rd km.  Ran without a watch so was pleased to hear the time when I crossed the line.

Starting new diet today.  Always said I ran so that I could eat and drink what I liked but it's the last variable I've got to try and run quicker.  Going to do Brad Pamp's 21 day program from Jan 27th.  Weigh in tomorrow morning.

Usual run there and back with Macca for 16km all up.

No comments: