Thursday, December 19, 2013

Will I survive

Well, this morning I almost gave up. Don't think I've felt as knackered since the long Sunday run I did with Macca in the lead up to the Marathon last year. Macca seems to be the common theme here. Out bright and early with him and Big Sam for Akuna Bay but adding in West Head too. It adds about 20km, but it's a bloody hilly 20km - up and down all the way albeit on a beautiful surface.

Bit of a mistake doing this ride after all the glut work with Dave yesterday. They just gave up on me on the return from West Head and I was dreading Akuna Bay. Sure enough, at the bottom of the 3km climb Macca and Sam turned the screws and motored up with me slogging it out behind. Managed to get into a routine and held on from then on by leaning forward more and using a bit of glute that hadn't bonked yet.

These are the stats: Tom Almost Dies

Having said all that, it was an awesome ride. Saw 5 wallabies bounce in front of us (fortunately not when going 69kmh (aiming to break 70 soon) down the hills) and the early morning views from West Head were fantastic.

No comments: