Friday, December 13, 2013

Tri Timmy put to the Sword. Again.

Well, this was the big event of the year.  More trash talk for this than any other event and the boys were nervous. 

Off we went into a stiff headwind with no-one wanting to take the lead.  Fast Charlie reluctantly did so I slotted in behind him.  It was still too slow though and I was well aware I needed time on the run so took the lead and started upping the pace.  Charlie came with me and by the turn we were ahead with Enda not far behind running very well - well in front of Kenny.  Charlie pulled ahead on the way back and performed a transition that had to be seen to be believed.  Without breaking stride he had his shoes off and goggles on and just ran straight into a dive into the pool.  Meanwhile, I was struggling with the double knots in my shoes allowing Rnda to enter the pool before me.  Times for the run were approx: 12:30 for Charlie, 12:39 for me and 12:47 for Enda.

Then the swim.  Less breastroke and more freestyle this time.  Hadn't got a clue who was coming past me but touched at the end of 300m and looked to my right to see Timmy coming in a few seconds later.  The look on his face was classic.  He was desperately looking to see if I was ahead to be greeted by me smiling like a Cheshire Cat!  19:00 for me, 19:04 for Timmy.  Fair play to him, his run wasn't bad with a 13:53 and his swim is pretty strong overcoming Selfie Jim.

Then many beers with the large HuRTS contingent.

The winner:

World's gayest photo:



No comments: