Saturday, December 15, 2012

2012 in Review

Sunday was 25km on the beautiful trails of Glenworth Valley at Peat's Ridge Festival. Bumped into Russell at the Festival and tentatively arranged to meet him but he was a no-show. 2 hours so very slow but it was hot and all trails and I'd been partying it up.

Monday was 11.4km on similar trails in 52mins.

Today was the usual 14km Manly route in 62:01 - 31:00 on the way out and 31:01 on the way back. Boringly consistent.

Not sure what to make of 2012. Only one PB - being that in the marathon at Gold Coast but a few other "close-to" PB's. The biggest disappointment was not running a good 10km time - the distance I judge form on most. I was in good form in May but got sick just before the State 10km when I reckon I may have PB'ed. Top 3 races were:

1. Novice Cross Country. 3rd in a tough, close race. Ran a PB and beat some good names.

2. JPMorgan CC. Came back from hammie problems and ran my second fastest time to finish 4th. Tucks was too strong but had a great run himself.

3. SMH Half marathon. Fell apart towards the end but close to the PB on a tough course. And I reckon my PB was set on a short course in any case.

Didn't put GC Marathon in the top 3 as I missed my aim (albeit only by 1 second) but it was fairly conservative in any case. I've yet to attack a marathon, still being too scared of the distance. Having said that, I was probably fittest at that point in the year, having done some great long runs with Macca in the lead up. We'll be replicating that this year but I also want to gradually increase the base mileage. Out with him tomorrow morning for 20km with some fas bits.

No comments: