Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Mr Average

Just a run home this evening. 56:32. Pissing with rain but I seemed to have a tailwind the whole way which made it pretty enjoyable. Decided not to attack the hills as the Tiger told me I had a fat ass during massage this afternoon. We finally agreed on a bet with me offering him $50 if he could get under 2 mins for 800m on Saturday.

Been getting a bit worried about Six Foot, particularly how tired I always feel along Black Range. Every time I've done it I'm always expecting a load of people to overtake me on that section, wondering how anyone could be running slower than I am. So checked some stats from last year which made for interesting reading (to me at least). I was:

1. 10th to Cox's;
2. 9th fastest in KOM;
3. 9th fastest from Pluvi to the end; and
4. 9th overall.

That all sounds like it makes perfect sense, but there's a lot of variation in how people run Six Foot. For example, last year's winner Andrew Lee was:

1. 1st to Cox's;
2. 2nd fastest in KOM;
3. 7th fastest from Pluvi to the end; and
4. 1st overall.

And Tucks was:

1. 12th to Cox's;
2. 4th fastest in KOM;
3. 2nd fastest from Pluvi to the end; and
4. 5th overall.

Which leads me to conclude that I'm Mr Average.

6 comments:

Easy Tiger said...

Is that what I said?

Check my session yesterday, you're bet is looking good.
I'll take Fats spotting you 15min if he won't?

Tucks said...

You got chicked on the pluvi climb last year, awesome.

Charlie said...

Lawyers dont understand numbers.

To be Mr Average you would have to be 420 to the river, 420 KOM, 420 to the end and finish 420th.

You are Mr Consistent.

Charlie said...

Tucks if Anna Frost runs again this year you may all get chicked

Tim said...

Well thats 3 minutes of my life i wont get back after reading that info - maybe Enda was right all along when he referred to your blog being like 'The Times' newspaper..... Boring ? :)

Unknown said...

Did it really take you 3 minutes to read 12 lines of text?