Thursday, July 14, 2011

HuRTS New Hills

Major excitement within the HuRTS camp today with MC introducing a new session to the calendar. With C2S in mind, the plan was for long hills, and did it pull a crowd! We basically had a turnout rivalling the C2S itself today, all waiting attentively for instructions from MC. We did a slow jog up to work out the course to start, realised it was 750m so decided on 7 reps.

Still with a hacking cough I decided on taking it easy and found myself with JF, Timmy, Luke, MC, Richie H and a load others. Norman Cook was miles out front, with Fast Charlie isolated behind and Bartles further isolated behind him. Luke and I took a short cut on the run back down the hill (trying to shorten the recovery) while others didn't, so we found ourselves running together behind Bartles.

Reps went 2:51; 2:57; 2:58; 3:01. Then my chest felt really tight so I stopped, hurled some abuse at Young Timmy, and jogged back. Still happy to take baby steps at the moment.

About 11km all up. I reckon that session may be quite good. The lads were taking it too easy though - often the way with a new one.

1 comment:

Tim said...

Good to see you back Tom, although hardly surprising that you were struggling after the 4th rep with the amount of sx@te that was coming out of your mouth as you were hurling abuse on rep number 5 for me?