Monday, October 18, 2010

400s

Had to pick Maggie up from Narrabeen so decided to combine it with a 10 x 400m session on Narrabeen track. Was really nervous about this all day, partly because I was a bit tired from yesterday's run and partly because I'd be running on the track where the distances would be spot on and there'd be no hiding from the times.

Reps went as follows:

68, 70, 70, 69, 69, 68, 69 69, 67, 67

Straight into a 200m jog between each rep.

So 5 seconds overall slower than the session I did with Wildman, Durante and Serg almost exactly 2 years ago. But given I ran these by myself it's not too bad. Mentally it's bloody tough. After 2 reps, I was thinking I'll stop at 5. Then at 5 it was just, "one more, try and keep it consistent".

Bit of wind down the home straight. I was thinking of Keith struggling in the 3000m on the same track at the weekend. Had an email from Sean saying that Keith ran 25:10 for 8km in Moore Park a couple of weeks ago. If that's an accurate 8km (and if it's the 2km loops it is) he's a bit out of my league at the moment.

2km warm up and down for 10k all up.

2 comments:

David said...

My you have hit some form, good work look forward to seeing the results!

Charlie said...

I would back you to beat Serge, Mike and Steve these days Tom.