Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Run home

Started to feel confident about the way things were going over the weekend, then woke up on Monday with the flu like symptoms having come back again - headache, streaming nose, aching neck and back and dodgy stomach. Just seems to revert when I put the hammer down on the training.

Took Monday and Tuesday off but was feeling better enough to run home tonight. Was a bit tentative on the early hills worrying about triggering off the symptoms but felt more confident and strong as the run went on. Pushed it towards the end running 7:10 for the final 2km. Splits of 16:01, 29:40 and 48:28 with 55:38 all up.

Tiger massage this afternoon and, of course, another bet. He's runnning Lane Cove in November while I'll do the Run for Fun the next day. I've given him a minute headstart for $50. If I beat him by 90seconds I get $100, if it's less than 30seconds he gets $100. I'll have the advantage of knowing what I have to do with him having raced first.

Great run by Ray on the weekend to win the Penrith marathon in 2:44 (20 minutes ahead of Andy and Timmy C in 2nd and 3rd). Ray won't run 10km's because of his injury, but reckons the slower pace of the marathon is fine. He's a unique chap.

Commonwealth Games 5000m tonight. GO BENNY!!!!

$10 to anyone who can name the Sydney Olympics 5000m champion without looking it up...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i know who won, without looking it up.

you owe me $10 thanks.
tiger