Friday, October 15, 2010

Claudia Esme Highnam

Born last night, weighing in at 3.2kg and 51cm. Loads of dark hair but otherwise (thankfully) looks like her Mum. Didn't run. In fact, spent the whole day in a comfy chair watching the Commonwealth Games - the marathon, the hockey then the netball. Shelley was inspirational in the marathon.

Today, ran from home to see Kirst and Claudia in the Mater in North Sydney (10.28km). 45:44 on the way there (4:26's). 44:01 on the way back (4:16's). Very tired for the first 6km (struggled to do the first km in 4:35) but felt much better on the way back. Feel like I'm on the verge of hitting some good form. I can tell Kanser and the Tiger are scared. Unfortunately, I don't think any good form will result in any PB's for 2010 as my final 3 races of the year are over distances for which I have my strongest PBs. It will mean 2010 will be the first year in which I haven't set a PB since I started running again properly in 2004.

9 comments:

Charlie said...

Congratulations Tom!

Nice to know you will be working in the city for the next 30 years to pay for this brood and the HuRT Squad wont therefore be fading away any time soon.

tja said...

another one. my head hurts thinking about it.
just joking, congrats

Tucks said...

Good news, congratulations.
Forget pbs, it's our head to head that matters.

Superflake said...

Congratulations Tom. Maybe the 3k next month?

Unknown said...

You're right Tucks, times schmimes. Tim, I'll be doing 30km around Manly tomorrow at 1pm if you fancy it. I've lined up a babysitter especially.

David said...

Wow Congrats!
I saw photos on Facebook and thought they were old ones! that is FIVE right!
Maybe you can start counting PB's for your Masters Cat!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Tom. You could still run a PB if you decided to run your first marathon before the year is out. Dublin is next weekend...Matt

tja said...

just saw your comment about running sunday arvo. for me on sunday its either out the door by 6.am or not at all. your pretty keen getting a baby sitter. have you considered a 5 child running pram.

2019 Summary said...

You are an awesome inspiration to me and my wife Tom, to keep running and one day have kids of our own.


Stergy.