Monday, July 21, 2008

Long Sunday on Monday

Top of glute felt better today so risked a run at lunch. Still slightly sore for the first 5km then it disappeared so just hoping it doesn't reappear with a vengeance. Felt great today, very bouncy. Amazing what a day's rest does. Ran the flat 10km route, then continued along 45 min fartlek course, then over Darling Harbour bridge, over Anzac Bridge, over Iron Cove Bridge until half way up the hill following it when I reached 63 minutes. Plan was to run 28kms in 2:06. Turn around and ran back. Picked up the pace on the way back to finish in 2:04:13. I think I was averaging just under 4:20s (clocked the 1km around Farm Cove in 4:10 on the way out and 4:00 on the way back) so probably works out at about 29km.

I've gone on record as saying I'm going to run the Gold Coast Marathon next year. Gives me a chance to run 6ft Track properly too. At some point I'm going to have to wander into post 31km territory. That scares me a little.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

You can do a 29km run at lunchtime? I may have to rethink my thoughts on partnership

Greg Cassis said...

Yes, but Tom can do that in just over two hours. Mere mortals might need 2 and half to 3 hours. It's better than a long boozy lunch.

I'm glad the glute settled down. Just keep an eye on it this close to C2S. Glad to hear about the marathon next year. Think of it as 4 x 10km with 550m float. :-)