Thursday, July 17, 2008

HuRTS - Hills

Today's select HuRTS crew resembled a who's who of Australian middle distance running in the late 90's. As well as Stevie T we had Holt Hardy, a 1:48 and 3:38 (800m/1500m) runner in his day. With Rich H and Durante, that's 4 sub 1:55 runners.

Headed over to Rushcutters having given everyone the option of 400s or hills. I wanted 400s as my achilles was feeling a bit tight. Everyone else wanted hills. So I decided to do them but not kill myself in the process. Ran up Yarrannabe St 9 times after running up Thornton once but realising the recovery back down was too long. Ran 1:23 or 1:24 for all the reps but for one early on at 1:26. Was about 5-10yards behind Steve and Robbie for the first 5, then closed in on them for the last 4. Felt pretty comfortable so was pleased with the session. Don't feel as though I battered the body around as much as I did last Saturday.

Jog there and back for 13km all up.

Edit: Just had a bird's eye view of the Popemobile. He basically did the Mona Fartlek course. I reckon he'd be entitled to a "I made the Stone Gates" T-Shirt, as it didn't hang around.

No comments: