Thursday, July 10, 2008

HuRTS Hickson Road

Smaller group than usual today, but what we lacked in numbers we made up for in talent. BMH, Stevie T, Robdog, Serg, Tucks, DC5, Fats, MC, Tim L, English Andy, Steve C, Hamburglar and IHS. Reps were lead out by BMH, Stevie T, Robdog and Serg with DC5 and I in a group behind just in front of Tucks. Times went as follows:

3:31; 3:24 (pb); 3:31; 3:27; 3:30.

So another new set pb, but despite that I was well off the pace. Robdog was showing great form, and Stevie T has obviously put some training in as he stuck to BMH throughout and then outpaced him on the final rep. Like last month, I'd feel fine for the first 300m, struggle in the middle then pick it up towards the end. The encouraging thing was that I would be closing in on the front group towards the end of each rep - caught Serg on a couple (he's started his base loading on pies and Portuguese chicken) and got close to Robdog on a couple. Didn't seem as mentally tough as usual but I was probably hallucinating. I was pretty much lactic from rep 3 onwards.

HuRTS T-Shirts now all distributed so our fame will shortly be spread far and wide. A few spare and Mona Fartlek is next wek so another chance for people to lay claim.

2 comments:

inhisshadow said...

Saw the shirt today - looks good. So how does a hanger on lay claim?!?

Mike said...

Tom if there's a spare small size, save one for me! I'll be back from Canada in time for next Thursday's session.