Tuesday, July 22, 2008

HuRTS 4 x 3km

Cool and sunny today but quite breezy - more of a headwind for the uphill reps (1 and 3). Not a huge crowd.

Reps went: 9:55; 9:21; 9:44; 9:12.

Started off in a group with Durante, KMK and DC5 with Muz joining us half way through. Kanser (after 12kms this morning) was next behind us with Tim and MC running well today too. My legs were very tired from yesterday's long run - I knew it would hurt early on so just settled into a steady pace and watched the 3 others disappear off into the distance. They ran about 9:40. Again on the second rep I ran with Muz as the other 3 sped off, however I started to come good about half way through. Picked up KMK who was dying quickly and finished just behind Durante. Ran the third rep with Durante all the way. Again DC5 was comfortably ahead and we passed a fading KMK just before the ABC Pool. Durante pushed all the way on this one and we were catching DC5 by the end. Final rep I ran by myself after Durante said he was going to coast through in 10mins. Was watching DC5 all the way - Kanser went with him for a while before deciding the big fella was just too quick. Failed to catch him by a few seconds after Tim L gave me a great lead up to a sprint finish. Tim L is peaking just at the right time for C2S.

Good session (at least in the light of yesterday's run) was spoiled by a thief stealing my new Mizuno top after I took it off to run in a vest following the second rep.

No comments: