Thursday, December 20, 2007

Speedwork - 400s

Smaller group today - Christmas lunches and the end of year are taking their toll. Just MC, Kanser, Michael Harrison, Eoin and myself.

Was forced into 10 x 400m (as opposed to 3 x 4 x 400m which is what I suggested). Recovery was 50 seconds (i.e. we were running off 2 minutes). I thought I would drift towards the end but it didn't work out that way. Reps went:

70, 70, 71, 71, 71, 71, 70, 70, 69, 69.

The route around Rushcutters was Kanser's, as opposed to the route we ran 3 times prior to JPMCCC. I think it's a touch longer, probably 1.5 seconds. Ran the first two with Michael. He then pushed on over the next four while I struggled a bit. Felt as though I was getting closer over reps 7 and 8 and then caught him on reps 9 and 10. Please to have got quicker over the last 4. MC was running strongly on reps 2 to 6 quite close behind (I could hear the heavy breathing!). Achilles was fine. I like the Brooks Racers. Warm, muggy and overcast.

No comments: