Sunday, December 30, 2007

Shocker

Set off at 6.30am aiming to do 2 hours. First problems were diarrhoea before I set off, followed by pit stops at North Steyne and Shelly Beach. Felt really stiff and the achilles was particularly so. Improved a bit going around North Head (4:20 for the first km of the Striders North Head route) but then on the Fairfax walking track I just started to slow down involuntarily. 4:48 for the 8th km of the North Head route, then 4:43 for the final km then I started to slow even more so that I was managing barely more than a shuffle. Was getting stiff and sore all over at this stage, including in the upper back and neck. So I cut the run short and ran straight home from the stone arch (which, for the record, was reached in an all time slowest 50:05).

Not sure whether the problem was related to the squits, the antibiotics I'm taking for the ear infection or another low lying bug. The fact that I've been really stiff (particularly in the hamstrings) over the past 3 days is probably related. Whatever, it's very depressing. Makes me more depressed about the achilles at these times too.

65:25 for about 14km for what it's worth.

1 comment:

Superflake said...

Hope you get over the achilles soon mate. Seems to be hanging around far too long.