Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Wednesday to work

14km run to work. 27:15 at Spit Junction and 57:19 all up. Started out feeling quite fresh which explains the quicker than normal time. Settled into a pattern of struggling on the hills (6ft ankle weights being attached) and feeling sprightly on the flat and downhills. Beautiful morning for running - cool, sunny and no wind.

My mind was wandering most of the way trying to decide on goals for the rest of the season. I reckon they are:

1. City to Surf
2. Lowering my 10km PB - probably North Head in May or September.
3. SMH Half
4. Lowering my 5km Road PB - hopefully end of this month.

JPMorgan in November is a little too far away at this point but that will become the priority after City to Surf.

2 comments:

James said...

Good to see that you've updated your profile. It's still a bit messy though - can't you tidy it up a little ?
I know how you feel having done a long run at the weekend and then short training runs afterwards. I did that "Race the Sun" event and both runs and cycling in the 2 weeks after the event felt like nothing ! Shame I don't manage it more often !

Unknown said...

Jamie - I've tried tidying the profile with no luck. It won't let me put each event distance on a new line - so I tried achieving that effect with the dashes which worked when configured on my screen at work but I realised when I looked at it at home that different screens have different configurations. Open to suggestions, mate.

BTW, Dad turned up and has crashed the car. Just when I'm looking to sell it. No-one hurt but his pride.