Thursday, July 28, 2016

Thursday HuRTS

Just watched the Obama speech at the DNC.  If he is not the best public speaker of all time then I don't know who is.  Spine tingling stuff.

Did a 5km warm up then met the HuRT Squad at the Park Hyatt and changed into my flats.  No Barts, Q, CT, Hoey, Nicky R or Crossy so I was solo up front today.  Decided to give it a crack in any case.  We split into 2 groups and ran off a rolling 8:30.  My rep times were:

6:13, 6:11, 6:14, 6:12

Nice and consistent but felt very bouncy and good on the first 2 reps but, to be honest, my legs started to feel dead half way through rep 3 so it was a case of just concentrating on form and turning them over.

5km warm down with Andy for 18kmmall up.

All the talk is on Timmy's form and his new found hill-climbing ability.  And now he's in the red centre running a marathon.  What the hell is going on?!

1 comment:

Sammy Agnew said...

Mate I watched it live. We will look back on him as one of the greats with Mandela et al. Going to get my kids to watch it too