Thursday, July 21, 2016

12 x 500m

Pitch black, pissing rain. What the hell am I doing heading out for a warm-up at 5:50am?  Did 4km knowing I had to get a bit of blood flow in the legs before attempting 500m reps.  

Wasn't surprised to see the dedicated Lewis waiting to start but was to see Ben and Charlie lining up in the conditions.  Off we went with me just trying to hold on to Lewis.  I think the 500m marked out was a bit long (perhaps 3s) but we just ran the same consistent length.  Agreed with Lewis that we would each lead alternate reps which I find is a much easier way to get through them - you can turn off while you're following and just be dragged through.  Seems as though I nominated him to lead the reps into the wind though!

All reps 1:33-1:34 with the last at 1:28.  Solid session.  Legs comfortably numb now.

5km warm down (bumping into Macca) for 16km all up.

No comments: