Tuesday, June 05, 2012

HuRTS 45min tempo

The cold front held off until 2.30pm thank god so we managed our session in sunshine and relative warmth.

Bartles went straight to the front and disappeared out of sight running very quickly. I ran with Macca and a resurgent Clyde still going pretty well as we hit the Stone Gates in 10:11 but my legs were like lead weights and I couldn't have turned them over any quicker. This was shortly proved when my cap blew off approaching circular quay. I spent 10s chasing it to pick it up and, try as I might, I couldn't bridge the gap back to Macca and Clyde. Turned just before the second speed bumps and ran back with M&C, me doing most of the work. Kept on trying to drop them but to no avail. Clyde played a Get Out of Jail Free card by claiming he was going to stop at Mrs Macs Chair but then just continuing on. Eventually pulled ahead up the hills to finish in 44:22, big negative split and 10:00 for the final gate to gates. 3:32 average pace for the 12.5km.

Clyde finished shortly after. Macca (who has never met Clyde) looked dazed and confused, wondering who the 80kg bloke was who had just dropped him on the hills! Bartles came in on 45:00 running very well. Good to see Tucks back out and MC (running 12km at a pace quicker than his North Head 10km) impressing all the ladies with his injured hand.

I need a rest soon. Constantly tired when running at the mo.

1 comment:

Roz said...

I meant, that you were about to drop me at Mrs Maq's not that I was stopping. Although, my heart did nearly stop....

You will be flying for GC once you taper. You looked like you were doing it bloody easy.