Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Fast run home

Missed the lunchtime session with work calls (very busy at mo) and knew I'd have to do a hard run home instead. So it made for a miserable afternoon as I hate the hard run home. Not helped by a cold front moving through in mid-afternoon bringing back the persistent rain.

Anyway, the session was set. My run home is the run I do more often than any other. If I get under an hour it counts as something more than just a shuffle. Under 58mins is a fair effort. Under 56mins requires a bit of work. I've been under 50mins three times previously. April 2008 was the first when I ran 48:51, July 2008 (just before I set my City to Surf PB of 46:34) was the second when I ran 48:45 then in January 2009 (just before I took 8 months off injured) I somehow managed to run 46:21. Still not sure how I did this, especially when I compared the spits today. I must have been flying.

Worked hard the whole way today but felt heavy legged on the hills compared to Saturday when I bounced up them (i had to grab the handrail at the top of Spit Hill). 13:25 at the bottom of Ben Boyd (13:00 when I set my PB) - I gave up chasing the time at that point. 25:40 at the Toyota Garage and 48:51 all up. So equal third fastest and a fair go.

3 comments:

Charlie said...

Looks like someone has thrown down the challenge.

http://andrewtuckey.blogspot.com.au/2012/06/100-km-to-1-mile.html

Unknown said...

Ha - given up caring about trying to beat Tucks! Friday is all about taming the Tiger!

Roz said...

Missed you there. Everyone took it easy and the fat man (me) was left running by myself!