Sunday, June 10, 2012

Back on the trails

Just Dicky and I again today with Sam a no-show. I think Dicky wanted to punish me for yesterday so took me on every hilly and rocky trail he could find, even random ones that didn't seem to go anywhere. We did a big whole loop of Manly dam then headed down to Spit Bridge to run the Spit to Manly. Dicky stopped at his place in Fairlight but I continued on into Manly, along to North Steyne and back home via Pacific Parade.

27km all up in 2:15:25 (5:02's). Doesn't even count as a run in the Easy Tiger rule book but felt like it. Not used to the trails and suffering the after effects of yesterday so I'm dead tired.

Finally, looks like Dibaba handled Defar (who has been neck and neck with last year's no.1 Cheruiyot) with ease last night. An afternoon on the sofa watching the athletics could be on the cards. For all the doubters, that is why Sally Pearson won the IAAF female athlete of the year last year. Cheruiyot's main opposition was missing.

1 comment:

Easy Tiger said...

See my guy kicking past a current 3:30 man off a slow pace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jynnEmlhzN8