Sunday, May 13, 2012

Put to the sword

Put to the sword by Macca this morning. In fact, he stuck it in, twisted it and laughed maniacally the whole time. Started out feeling pretty good considering it was just 12 hours since doing the 14km tempo last might. Another beautiful morning although much cooler than recently.

Started to feel a bit heavier legged than usual around the 20km mark just past the Academy of Sport. Another gel at 25km and I thought I'd be ok. The tempo increased to sub 4min kms as usual but instead of leading the way I was just holding on to Macca. Through Dee Why we were going faster than usual (sub4 up the big hill) which I used as an excuse for being 5m behind Macca. The elastic finally snapped at 33km when I dropped to a 4:06 unable to do anything about it. Struggled home over the final 3km with Macca powering on looking super strong.

Pretty disappointed as I hate falling apart on runs. I was working harder trying to stick to Macca over the final 10km than I was at any point on the 14km tempo yesterday.

All up 36.86km in 2:37:10 (4:15's).



1 comment:

Tim said...

Oh Dear, The Irish are on FIRE...lets just hope they haven't peaked a week early.
You will get revenge next week mate don't worry.