Thursday, May 24, 2012

HuRTS 400m reps

The smallest and most select group today of Bartles, Young Timmy, Pete W (telling me that he's decided that the way to beat Timmy is to train like Timmy) and myself.

First rain of May and pretty cold but Rushcutters was as pristine as ever. Straight into it and for every rep Timmy and Bartles would go out hard with me chasing them with Pete. For most reps I'd nudge ahead of Bartles by the end other than a couple which he held on for and the last when both he and Timmy were burglars. I had a go at Timmy about this and he got very upset. I've never seen him lost for words before.

Reps were very consistent but noticeably down on the last time we did this. No doubt SMH Half still in our legs. Amazing how many people I've heard from who are still suffering the after-effects of it.

69, 69, 68, 69, 68, 68, 68, 69, 68, 69

I like the 400's. Not while doing them of course, but you recover fairly quickly and feel virtuous.

3 comments:

Charlie said...

So Pete W's plan is to quit his job and train 6 hours per day

Anonymous said...

Funny that, because you'd never seen him lost for words when he was running with Elle McPherson either. His speechlessness is becoming a defining characteristic. I just hope he has not lost the ability to post on the French blog, that would be of serious concern. James may start to feel he has the upper hand in their relationship.

TOB

James said...

I don't start to feel this - I know this. He doesn't reply to my posts on his blog anymore either as he's speechless there too. Quite franky - he's letting the side down.