Tuesday, May 15, 2012

HuRTS 45min tempo

Not sure I'm 100% yet. Turned up to HuRTS with a vest and a long sleeve top on as I was freezing. Everyone else, in singlets, thought i was nuts.

Started off with J-Fen, Fats, Macca and new recruit Tongey (as if HuRTS wasn't competitive enough). Around CQ Tongey suddenly put his foot down leaving J-Fen, Fats and myself to run together until about 50m short of the second speed bumps on Hickson Rd (6.25km). I was really heavy legged on the way out. Felt slightly better on the way back and pushed the hills finishing in 44:41, final gate to gate in 10:17. Averaged 3:34's. J-Fen was strong today finishing with me.

Got stomach cramps after. Will take the rest of the week easy to freshen the legs for Sunday, although I'll probably do some grass reps on Thursday. GCM remains the priority.

1 comment:

thekiltedscot said...

Not sure what it says about us northern lads - I was in a t-shirt because it was baltic!