Tuesday, October 11, 2011

HuRTS 4 x 3km

Massive crowd today and the temperature is rising. Dicky High was sweating before we'd even started but seemed to calm down once he realised Timmy hadn't shown up.

I was tired from the current heavy training load so the plan was just to try and stick in for as long as possible. The group upfront was Bartles, Fast Charlie, J-Fen, Dicky H, Enda and Vicky Joe on the first rep, with Bartles pushing on and the rest of us chasing. Gangsta Jason appeared on the 3rd and 4th reps running very well. The third was interesting as Fast Charlie, Gangsta Jason and Bartles opened up a big gap ahead of J-Fen and myself before we crawled our way back to them by the Art Gallery. This was after I had a head on collision with some doofus just after Mrs Mac's Chair. Times were as follows:

9:55
9:28
9:57
9:32

So very similar to August 2nd. Don't feel as rodgered back in the office as I obviously did back then judging by the report I wrote.

2 comments:

Charlie said...

"had a head on collision with some doofus just after Mrs Mac's Chair"

I bet that guy wrote exactly the same thing on his blog.

James said...

I was probably young Timmy in disguise.
Mind you as you recognised a doofus, his disguise wasn't that good...