Thursday, October 20, 2011

HuRTS 10 x 400m

Hardcore band of merry men today, strictly for the current form 35min 10km runner. Timmy was nowhere to be seen. Tucks, TB, Richie H, Vicky Joe, J-Fen, Ray and Richies mate fronted on a beautiful day. Check out the shot from my phone on my (very late) commute into work this morning:



We marked out 400m around the Oval - 410m on my Garmin but 400m on others (I don't cut the corners - at least when marking out the lap). The grass was in fantastic condition so I went barefoot again and started the session - each rep run off a rolling 2 minutes. Times were:

68
67
66
67
68
66
66
67
66
62

I was in front on each, had Tucks on my shoulder for most (with him in the lead for the first half on a few) and had to work hard to reel in Vicky Joe on the last. But once again loved the barefoot running. Not the same fatigue on the final 3 reps that I usually get.

10km all up.

Even better than the view from the boat this morning were the views down in Circular Quay at lunchtime where one of my spies took this pic:



Go Cat!

8 comments:

Charlie said...

Glad I didn't go with you guys. Still slightly off 35 mins.

Dave Kane aka 'Kanser' said...

very fast...

Tim said...

Come on then, who is it... hard to tell just by the back of the head? My guess is Johnno Fenton :)

David said...

Is she Geodie?
Great sess!

Tim said...

No way Geordie Master Sweeney - not fat enough and it looks like she has teeth :)

BeerMatt said...

Cracking times. Was that off a rolling 2 minutes?

Unknown said...

Cat Deeley! Superstar. She should be a Geordie but I fear not.
Matt, yep a rolling 2mins but it's not a track so don't take the 400m as read.

David said...

Deeley can only be pronounced in a Geordie accent and her association with Ant & Dec must make her at least an honoury Geordie Man!