Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Times

Was worried about the lingering, wheezy, chesty cough this morning so checked into the nearest doctor I could find who had availability. Mr Miyagi was a nice chap. But he told me I might die if I ran the marathon on Sunday. Apparently I've got a viral chest infection. I told him that I hadn't done all this training and come this far to be side-tracked but some vague threat of imminent death. He seemed sympathetic to my position, prescribed me some steroids and told me to come back on Friday for another check (and another $185 cheque).

So no running today.

Big news of the day was the establishment of Enda's Blog. "The voice of reason" has been promised for quite some time so I hope it lives up to its pre-billing. I seem to have copped a spray already. Poor Young Timmy is in tears. Also adding a link to Keith Bateman's blog, just so I can keep track on his training. Bit too much pulpit preaching on the barefoot malarkey for my liking, but the fella's results speak for themselves.

4 comments:

Roz said...

Doctors are always conservative mate.

You will be fine.

Enda said...

So what you are saying is when you fail the drug test you have an excuse....

I have always had my suspicions!

Charlie said...

Good luck Tom. I hope it all clears up beforehand. This is just 1 more challenge that will make that sub 2:40 all the sweeter.

2019 Summary said...

I saw you out running today with MC and others.

Shame on you. you are not going to get any fitter this week. Rest up bud and the last 5k of the GCM will be good, instead of terrible!!!