Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Blinkin' Nora

Meeting at lunch and State of Origin this evening so did the 19km MLR with marathon pace stretches run to work. However, every time I came to do a marathon pace stretch (other than Military Rd) I seemed to be running into a gale. So the marathon pace stretches were like 3:43 then 4:06 with a 4:19 average pace up Parriwi. Hardly setting the world alight. That's a bit of an excuse really though as I was really tired from the word go in any case. Just one of those runs you have to get through.

What made the run the worst though was the fact that I couldn't get the tune "Watch out, Beadle's about" out of my head. Only the Poms out there will understand this issue.

All up 18.54km in 1:19:57 (4:18's).

My secretary just sent me this photo as a potential solution to my limp wristed hand problem during races...

4 comments:

Tim said...

Old Jeremy Beadle hey, how good was that :) .... Now i cant stop singing it

Superflake said...

I thought it was Smeagle from Lord of the Rings!

David said...

Watch out Beadle's about,
Watch out Beadle's about,
You better watch out,
Cos' Beadle's about.

Watch out Beadle's about,
Watch out Beadle's about,
You'd better watch out,
Cos' Beadles about.

Watch out, Beadle's about.
I googled them for you but now I'm singing it!!
H E L P !

Tim said...

I bet Beeadle doesn't have the same problem with as you Tom with his hand ? :)