Saturday, January 01, 2011

Farewell 2010

 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa


Wednesday's run I was feeling crap. Also had real problems with my wisdom teeth. On Thursday, I could only manage the Manly 7.5km route in 31:17 feeling really sorry for myself. Teeth got worse, saw a dentist and was put on antibiotics for an infection. Took New Year's Eve off feeling sorry for myself. Feeling better today so managed the flat 10km route but without a watch taking it very easy in the 30C heat and enjoying the run. Never seen Manly beach so busy.

2010 was an interesting year. First year of no PBs since I started running properly again in 2005. Having said that, I started with zero fitness in January and had to work from there without trying to get fit too quick and reinjuring myself. It was a year when I peaked for races and tried not to go all out in every one I ran. In general, it worked pretty well. Highlights for me were:

1. JPMorgan CC - highest placing I've achieved (3rd), not the fastest time but a real race for 3rd place and with 600m to go I was destined for 6th.

2. Gold Coast 10km - got back into the low 33's after struggling in the 34s and 35s up until that point which was a real boost to the confidence.

3. City to Surf - got into the top 50, second fastest time and not too far off the PB.

Other good runs were the Minimos (for a change) and the Run for Fun. All my Striders runs were pretty average. Most disappointing run was the State 3000m, having done a load of speedwork. Wasn't feeling right on the day and sure I'll go quicker next year.

Aims for the near term are Six Foot Track and JPMorgan in April....

No comments: