Sunday, December 26, 2010

Six Foot training week 1

Inspired into action after talking to Jamie last night, I set off on my first long run in 2 months at lunchtime. Decided on 1:45 going up all the Northern Beaches (so turning after 52.5 minutes). The Long Reef lagoon had broken through to the ocean so even got to practice the Cox's River crossing wading up above my waist. Felt very average for the first 20 minutes then started to feel good. Kept going until the Fire Station at Narrabeen which I reached in 55:16. When I did this run early last year I would be stuffed by Dee Why coming back so it was good to know I've got a bit more base as I still felt good. Having said that, the Griffin St hill is a bugger.

Got back in 1:48:39 so 53:23 for the second half.

1 comment:

David said...

I famously or infamously fell into the Long Reef lagoon breach on a training run, Simon Hedger always used to rib me about it!