Tuesday, July 13, 2010

HuRTS 45mins Fartlek

Huge crowd today including Dicky H, Kanser, Timmy's L and C, MC, JB LF Charlie etc. Set off quickly with JB and a chap from Brats called Andy McFarlane. Turns out he's a decent runner who ran 46:34 for C2S last year - exactly the same time I did the year before. We were pushing hard from the start and reached the Opera House stone gates in 9:55. Turned at 22.5mins past the second speed bumps opposite the stone building - the same as the furthest I've reached before. On the way back, particularly under the Harbour Bridge, I was just trying to hang on to JB and Andy, only really catching them during the floats as they extended on the fast sections. Then coming around Farm Cove I felt good again and kept it going strong back home. We pretty mcuch stayed together until the very final rep when I pushed on a bit.

Back in 45:15. 10:20 for the final stone gate to stone gate. John had it at 8.1miles odd (he's old skool) which I think is about 13.1km - i.e. averaging 3:27's all up including the floats.

Buggered at work this afternoon - slight stomach cramps so I obviously pushed it very hard, but that's the plan for the rest of July. C2S beckons.

1 comment:

Superflake said...

He was 39th overall. Had a preferred start number. 30-34 age group. Finished a couple behind Chadi Elashkar.46:34 is correct.