Saturday, July 17, 2010

ANSW Short Course X-Country Championships

22nd in 26:22. But, 3rd in the 35-40 age group, so I got to stand on a podium and receive my first individual ANSW State Medal! Looking over the results, I finished in about the position I was expecting based on how I've been going recently.

Went off pretty quick and wasn't far off the leaders for the first lap as they were taking it very easy. It's the sort of course that creeps up on you though. Lots of little inclines and gradual rises in thick grass that saps the strength from your legs. Exactly what I was looking for today. I was trying to hang on to Greg Graves for the second lap and gradually reeled him in on the last finishing strongly. I ran 8:32 for the first lap, 9:01 for the second and 8:49 for the last.

Good to see Tucks out there again. I'll claim a scalp over him while I can even though he's recovering from injury. Nice also to catch up with Nick, Flakey and the Tiger who was watching. Smashed by Chadi who ran an impressive 25:01 in beating some very good runners.

It's a beautiful course and today was perfect weather, clear blue skies and cool. Will definitely be back.

No comments: