Monday, July 13, 2009

Tour de Highnam

Been watching it all. Tend to fall asleep on the sofa at about 9.30pm then wake up to see the final 60km. 3 great days in the Pyrenees so will be twiddling my thumbs on the rest day tonight.

Fitness going OK. Ran 7.5km on Saturday averaging 4:16s. Rode in this morning and was surprised to beat my PB which it hought I wouldn't get close to again - 12:46 at Mosman (versus 12:56 last time), 26:42 at Harbour Bridge (26:58) and 33:20 all up (33:38). Planning on getting some thinner tyres so I can go even quicker.

Heel coming along nicely. Still taking it day by day and it still protrudes but pain is way down.

Lunchtime was a 10km run with the boys - first time in months. Group consisted of Serg, Kanser, Tucks, Springer, LF Charlie and Kaley. Gentle on the way out but a bit quicker (closer to 4:00 pace) being led by Springer on the way back.

4 comments:

Superflake said...

So will tour de highnam make tour de heartbreak hill start? With Tucks bib no 2 you can't let that rest.

James said...

Tour was fantastic yesterday, with the break making it all the way to the finish. I was convinced that the pack would catch them before the end especially with only just over a minute's lead with 10k to go. Great effort from the both of them. French commentators were pleased that a Frenchman won a stage for the third time in the Tour so far.

Anonymous said...

Great to see you back running Tom, Already i think your ready to have a wager on you to beat the Kanser:)In your absence the boys don't seem to have stepped up any and you have them running scared already.
Cheers
Tim

Charlie said...

Yeah thanks for pushing the pace and dropping me yesterday Tom. I was doing 4:06/k (on my easy day) and you guys were pulling away pretty fast. Pisses me off that you can have done hardly any running, are crippled and you still run at a cruising pace that I can only dream of.