Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Getting excited

Big progression on the achilles in the last 2 days, partly due to JLP's new exercise.

Strength training with Carl this morning where he started to work on the legs.

Then rode in. Out at lunch with TB, Serg, Timmy C (getting strong), Loobs, Binfield Motors, Clyde and another for the Centennial route. Cut back with Loobs from Fox Studios Gates as per 2 weeks ago. 55:40, having slowed down over the final 4km. Tiger appointment this afternoon and ride home this evening. Sometimes wonder when I manage to fit any work in.

A couple of bets have been laid for the City to Surf. I need Timmy L to get under 50 mins and I need Charlie not to get under 45 mins. The weather conditions could help me on one but will cancel out the other.

Flakey - I won't be running C2S despite my current optimism. Those hills would kill my achilles and I'd be struggling to even get a preferred start for next year.

1 comment:

Superflake said...

Pity about C2S. So 9k bridge run for you or the half then?
Tim L under 50. Charlie Low sub 45 not sure on that one.