Tuesday, February 19, 2008

6 by 5s

6 x 5 mins off 90 second rests. The usual good crowd including Ray, Tucks, MC, Muz, Tim C, Charlie, Big Mikey H, Judge Drev, Durante, Springer, Greg, Adam C etc. BMH was kind enough to let us run with him for the first rep and then disappeared off into the distance on each one after that. I ran with Judge Drev and Muz on reps 1, 3 and 5 but particularly on reps 4 and 6 I was getting dropped. We ran the 3km Art Gallery loop due to the blockage around Farm Cove. Tended to reach the end of the bend at Mrs Macquarie's Chair - so the 1.5km point in 4:55 - so I'm guessing it was about 3:20 per/km pace. The return reps are generally uphill and my legs were just dead after yesterday's long run. Muz looks to be getting back to full strength.

Ran in the Brooks ST Racers after putting the heel lifts in to ease pressure on the achilles. They worked a treat so I'll be using these for interval sessions going forward.

Keen to run the Coolrunning 5km on Sat just to see where I'm at before next Sat's 10km at North Head. Trying to persuade Tucks and Muz to pace me around...

1 comment:

tja said...

i will probably run north head next week. on sunday ill be doing the loops ive done the last 3 weeks as a tempo session. the plan is out the door by 6.30am, the first 10km at 4.10 pace, then work it down to 4.00 pace. total 36km. email me if you want in. it will be heaps of fun.